Thursday, March 19, 2009

Myths About Tanning


I found it interesting after researching this topic to discover that so many individuals believe well-known tanning myths. Hopefully through the creation of this blog those people will be able to realize the truths about the harmful effects of indoor tanning bed use. Here are some of the myths I have come across in my research:
  • Tanning indoors is safer than tanning out in natural sunlight.
  • Ultraviolet Beds that emit “A” Rays are safer because they don’t damage your skin like UV “B” Rays.
  • Tanning is good for my skin.
  • Tanning only occasionally, doesn’t damage my skin like it would if I went all the time.
  • Tanning companies have to meet certain expectations by the FDA, and so they’re safe to use.
To find out the reality of tanning bed use check out the article on The American Cancer Society's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment